Motorcycle Qlick Tips
Keeping my Rouser Shining Black, Clean and Neat
How do you keep your black Rouser shinning black?
Someone ask me last bike (Kawasaki Rouser 180) meetup “tambayan” how do I keep my “motmot” (lingo for motorcycle) black and shinny. I just smiled and did not answered….(because it’s top secret! nah! Just kidding.) Althought its not that special. I’m only maintain a regular visit in the carwash and a regualar maintainance using the following product from my bike garage.
1. Tutle Wax Color Magic – Colour Enhancing Spray Wax – I bought it in a local Ace Hardware Store in the automotive section. It is use for all shades of black paint. It maintains the black shine of my tanks and fairings. I bought it for Php 349.75
2. 3M Swirl Mark Remover – I use this to removes water marks and swirl marks. I bought it for only Php60.00. It is consumable for more than one applications.
3. 3M Auto Scratch Remover – it removes light coarses of scratches and oxidation from paints. For only Php 44.75 it is consumable for many applications.
4. Armor All Original Protectant – for my leather seats and finishing shine and protection. The 295ml only cost me Php 129.00 at my local autostores.
5. Rain – Harry Tire Black – for the ream and tires. The 100ml bottle only cost Php79.75 and good for several applications.
6. 3M Microfiber Detailing Cloth – actual it has a 2 variety. The yellow one is much expensive but it really give a pretty good finishing shine than the other one, I only use the cheaper for drying and the 3M Microfiber Detailing (yellow) for detailing or finishing. I think it 3M Microfiber detailing cloth cost around Php 120 per pc and the cheaper only cost 180.00 per 3 sets. (See below image.)
7. A Regular Dish Washing Soap – for washing and removing mud from the mud guards and tires.
That’s it. I often maintain or apply the above products on a weekly basis and do a regular daily light wash using the liquid dish washing soap and dry it using the 3M Microfiber Detail Cloth. But when time comes it becomes really muddy and dirty I bring it to my nearest car wash for pressurize cleaning.
So this is what I do, how about you? Do you also use the same products that I used? Feel free to share your side or questions below. I may post application or usage guidelines soon. Ride safe guys!